Saturday 1 October 2011

preparing for autumn

although it feels like we're in the middle of summer, the reality is that it's autumn and the cold whether will be moving in any day now. so what better way to welcome autumn than by beginning the autumn chores, weeding, digging, mulching, collecting the first batch of leaves for making leaf mould, you catch my drift right? we are busy preparing the allotment for next year.

another job that i have done today is clean out the compost bin on my allotment. i want to start making my own compost for next year, i'm quite excited about this as i haven't really attempted this before and another thing that excites me is the fact that i won't have to bin all my vegetable peelings etc (forgive me if im boring you talking about compost, but i can't help it, i'm excited).

and as the whether was soooooo glorious we invited some of the family along and had good old picnic and everything else that comes along with a picnic, bike riding, tree climbing, children wondering off in all directions and finishing off with a water fight!

















i only remembered my camera while i was eating, hence the several shots of food and none of the actual allotment, maybe next time insha'Allah.








1 comment:

  1. LOL at getting excited about composting...but I totally understand! I was so excited about getting my compost bin- a year on...well it's not so exciting, a bit yucky with all the slugs and woodlice creeping about inside BUT I’m still looking forward to superior homemade compost and the reduction in our rubbish is brilliant- I am never comfortable about the amount that gets chucked into landfills.

    ReplyDelete